A summary of my pop press articles
Over the years, I have also attempted to communicate our research and ideas via popular magazines and newspaper articles.
I have often written about the intersection of pop culture and some of my academic interests. For example, have you ever wondered about how gossip works in the Bigg Boss house? I covered our working paper about it here in FirstPost.
I know I shouldn’t pick favourites, but here is a fun snippet of some of the pieces I had a blast working towards:
- How do memes work?
- Here are my thoughts about them.
- What does Parks and Recreation teach us about the philosophy of friendship?
- You can read about it here.
- What do you think about extravagant celebrity weddings?
- My (and my colleague's) thoughts in this BuzzFeed video.
- Like everyone else, I used to really like Ariana Grande's Thank U Next when it came out
- So wrote about what the song teaches us about self-love here
- Anyone who knows me in real life knows how much I talk about death and Hamilton
- So wrote a piece about death and Hamilton here . Can I just say "like a beat without a melody" is such a beautiful way to describe it?
- Impostor Phenomenon doesn't really go away, right?
- Turned my Master's project into a piece for Mint on Sunday.
- Like I said, I love reading and binge-watching shows
- So, wrote a piece about why we might be drawn to imaginary worlds for The Swaddle. Read that here